Qi (Kevin) Ge
Singapore University of Technology and Design
8 Somapah Road, Building 1, Room 202.31
Phone: +65 9715 3199
Curriculum Vitae (PDF as of August 2018)
Multifunctional High Resolution Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing)
Polymer Synthesis and Material science
Continuum Mechanics with Multiphysics
08/2009-12/2012, Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado-Boulder, USA.
09/2006-06/2008, M.S., Solid Mechanics, Zhejiang University, China.
09/2002-06/2006, B.E., Engineering Mechanics, Tongji University, China.
04/2016-present, Assistant Professor, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore.
09/2015-03/2016, Postdoctoral Researcher, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore.
12/2014-08/2015, SUTD-MIT Postdoctoral Fellow, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore.
09/2013-11/2014, SUTD-MIT Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
01/2013-08/2013, Postdoctoral Associate, University of Colorado at Boulder, USA.
11/2007-03/2008, Research Assistant, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
International Association of Advanced Materials (IAAM) Young Scientist Medal (2018)
Finalist National Research Foundation Fellowship, National Research Foundation, Singapore (2015)
SUTD-MIT Postdoctoral Fellowship (2013)
Outstanding Ph. D. Dissertation Award (2013)
Third place of poster competition of NIST/NSF workshop (2013)
Haythornthwaite Foundation Travel Award of ASME Applied Mechanics Division (2012)
Haythornthwaite Foundation Travel Award of ASME Applied Mechanics Division (2011)
Outstanding graduate of Zhejiang University (2008)
1. 3D and 4D Printing Technologies to Create Actuating and Transforming Components, National Additive Manufacturing Innovative Cluster (NAMIC) Project, PI, 2016-2018.
2. Recyclable structured polymers by simulation-based design, A*Star Public Sector Research Funding (PSF-1521200086), PI (60%), 2016-2019.
3. Multi-material Soft-active-composite Structure, Office of Naval Research Global (ONRG) United States, Co-PI (50%), 2016-2018.
4. 4D printing of movable aerodynamic structures of unmanned aerial vehicle, Singapore Technologies Dynamics Ltd. Industrial Project, PI, 2016-2018.
5. Multimaterial Microstereolithography-4D Printing, Digital Manufacturing and Design Centre (DManD) Research Grant, PI, 2015-2018.
6. Multi-material Adaptive Soft-Robots, Digital Manufacturing and Design Centre (DManD) Research Grant, PI, 2016-2019.
7. Modeling and Simulation, Digital Manufacturing and Design Centre (DManD) Research Grant, PI, 2016-2019.
8. Computer-Aided Design for Additive Manufacturing: Simultaneous Product-Material-Process Design, Digital Manufacturing and Design Centre (DManD) Research Grant, Co-PI (33%), 2017-2020.
9. Acoustic Microfluidics-Assisted Projection Microstereolithography (AMPμSL) for High Resolution, Multiscale, Multimaterial Functional Additive Manufacturing, Digital Manufacturing and Design Centre (DManD) Research Grant, Co-PI (50%), 2018-2020.
10. Multifunctional Advanced Manufacturing for Soft Active Structures, SUTD Startup Grant, PI, 2016-2019.
Dr. Qi (Kevin) Ge’s research involves the development of high resolution, multifunctional additive manufacturing (3D Printing) systems, development of 3D printable, multifunctional materials, and continuum mechanics with multiphysics.
The aim of his group is to develop multifunctional advanced manufacturing systems that integrate multifunctional materials development and structure computational design into various high resolution, multifunctional additive manufacturing systems.
Prior to his appointment at SUTD, Dr. Ge did his postdoctoral research at SUTD, MIT and CU boulder on development of high resolution multifunctional additive manufacturing system and 3D printing with active materials (4D printing). Dr. Ge has published about 20 papers including papers published on high impact journals such as Science, Nature communicates, Advanced Materials, and he is recognized as one of the pioneers of the new 4D printing technology.